The Master of Technology (Online) programme in Electronics and Communication Engineering will be offered by the Division of Electrical, Electronics, and Computer Sciences. The programme is designed for early-career professionals (with 2-10 years of experience) to strengthen their fundamentals and expose them to cutting-edge topics in the fast-changing areas of communications, networks, signal processing and information sciences, and high-frequency c ircuits and systems. The coursework contains core courses, which provide the necessary foundation, and several elective courses, which provide exposure to the state-of-the-art and advanced material. These learnings are coupled with a semester-long capstone project that enables the student to apply the knowledge gained to a project relevant to the industry. The courses are taught online by faculty from the Department of ECE.
Core courses (12 credits):These are typically taken in the first and second semesters. The courses will have a new course code since the credits re different from the regular M.Tech. on account of some revision in syllabus and homework/assignments/online labs.
- Random Processes
- Digital Communications
- Detection and Estimation
- Sample Elective courses (at least 24 credits):
- Matrix Theory
- Error Control Codes
- Data Analytics
- Analog VLSI Circuits
- Optimisation for ML and SP
- Communication System Design
- Wireless Communications
- Communication Networks
- RF ICs
- Image Processing
- Antenna Theory and Practice
- Integrated Circuits for Wireless Communications
- Compressive Sensing and Sparse Signal Processing
Project (28 credits):This involves a two-term project, with the second term project to be taken up only after all courses are completed in prior semesters. The IISc guide and the internal guide need to be identified before the project commences. The project proposal needs to be identified by the student in consultation with the IISc and internal sponsoring company guide before the project commences. There will be a first-term (10 credits) and a final evaluation (18 credits).
Applications Open: 26 April 2021
Applications Ends: 08 May 2021
Intimation of Selection: 10 May 2021
- Minimum Eligibility: All sponsor-nominated candidates must meet these eligibility requirements:
- BE/BTech in EE/ECE,
- First Class or 60% of marks or equivalent CGPA in all degrees, and
- Two years of industrial experience.
- Selection: Online written test. (This will evaluate the technical ability of the candidate to succeed in the coursework and may include topics such as mathematics, basic programming, problem-solving, communications, etc., at the undergraduate level.)